About the course
University of Guanajuato promotes the international profile of their students no matter the discipline or area of knowledge and, also the development of reflexive thinking for the comprehension of several contexts. The objective of this course is to understand the global environment in which economic and social phenomenons take place.
Nowadays, the interactions of countries promotes the creation of shared phenomenons determined by different economic and social factors. The purpose of this course is to create a theoretical framework of the relevant events which constitute the world business.
Identify the economic and social factors that constitute the environment in which enterprises operate and, at the same time propose strategies for the solution of problems and the improvement of organizations performance taking into account the impacts for the involved stakeholders.
- An Introduction to International Business and Multinational Corporations
- The Nature of International Business
- International Laws and Global Orientations
- Socio Cultural Factors
- Ethical Concerns: Multinationals and Sustainability
For presential work.
- A medium level of English proficiency is required
For remote work.
- Materials: A digital book is the base of the course but some other resources will be also considered.
- Interaction in the platform: Some forums will be opened for collective discussions.
- Activities: every week a new activity will be uploaded.
- Tracing of the participant: this will be permanent.
The evaluation criteria are the following;
- Clarity in expression avoiding over and misunderstandings.
- The level of relevance of the participant, their possibilities to contribute concepts, doubts and comments will be observed.
- Special interest will be given to the level of task readiness and commitment to learning.
- The evaluation will maintain a holistic approach that involves the quantitative and qualitative.
- 100% of the grade will be based on: performance, deliverables and knowledge tests.
To pass, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements in a timely manner during the development of the learning unit:
- Reflective reading of the materials.
- Active and pertinent participation in the activities that specify it.
- Resolution of the theoretical applied tests.
The weightings in the evaluation process will be based on the following percentages:
|Yashiro Danahi Cisneros Reyes||SEDigital|
(Sistema de Educación Digital)